Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Denim from Leslie



My head is still exploding as I learn the new system for scheduling the blogs. Some of the changes are actually good. They really seem to be pushing the old click and drag option. OK. I'll try to embrace clicking and dragging.

Leslie often has funny notes inside her envelopes discussing the things that did not come out the way she would have liked. But she gets a big A++ and a PhD in attitude - because she just points out what displeases her, but she goes ahead and mails it knowing that it will give me a much needed perk-up  and I will put it online where billions of people have the option of looking at it.

She said she thought of me the minute she saw the denim (jean) fabric. And that reminded me of my two favorite characters in the Trolls movies, the conjoined twins, Satin and Chenille. I think there was a nurse named Velvet when my dad was in the hospital. Does BigHelpfulBrother remember? Are there any other fabrics that make good names. Khaki. BigHelpfulBrother's sister-in-law's name is Kakie - pronounced khaki. Well, now I have to find a list of fabrics and see if there are other good fabric names.

canvas, cashmere, chenille, chiffon, cotton, crepe, 
lots of C-words
damask, georgette, gingham, jersey, lace, leather, linen,
merino wool, modal, muslin, organza, satin, silk, spandex, suede,
taffeta, toile, tweed twill, velvet, viscos

I guess khaki is not a fabric, it's a color.
If I had to be a fabric, I think Jean is the best one.


8 comments:

  1. Birdseye, flannel, china silk, jersey and guernsey (both sweaters and islands off the coast of England), seersucker, Glenn plaid, worsted, corduoy, lace, Stewart plaid,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Smash, these are great. I can't believe I missed corduroy. That name is used in the darling kid's book about the teddy bear named Corduroy. And seersucker is one of my favorite fabrics for summer. Scotland and Great Britain do a good job of naming fabrics. Or at least - we are familiar with them. I bet we'd find more names of fabrics if we went to other continents.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I LOVE Corduroy! One of my all-time fave children's books.

      Delete
  2. BHB does not remember for sure but won't disagree with the possibility of there having been a Velvet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And our mom had the physical therapist named Memory. Do you have any memory of her?

      Delete
  3. Yay!! I've been waiting/ hoping to see this env. as I forgot to take a pic with the stamp. I also sent this out for Earth Day, but not sure when you got it. Glad you like my "pun" envelopes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to change my name to one of the following: Suede,
    Taffeta, Toile, or Tweed. Being partly French I should go with Toile, I guess. What a great idea, (Blue)Jean!

    ReplyDelete