Friday, February 28, 2020

PO returned this one - to Chuck

If I had time to look back, I think I could find some other envelopes with this cancellation design. This one was in my stack of oddities, and I liked it with the red and brown wreath. That was not an easy stamp. I eventually found some colors I liked. Walnut ink looked nice.

I wonder if the wreaths will be available in Nov of 2020.

Anyhow, I will add a PO story here.

This comes from my son who started working for the PO in October of last year. He's had all kinds of interesting stories about how things work and he said, "They tell us to NOT look at the names. We are supposed to look at the numbers. The address and the zip code."

So there. Now we know. I always suspected that the names were of no interest to them.

He has delivered to a retirement community with a memory care unit. He has some pretty funny stories, but I will not share them because it might make me sound like I am making fun of the elderly and I am quickly becoming one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment