Friday, February 14, 2020

Bold Woodstock - Lovie and Natalie

I did Natalie's first and it's awful. The black background is horrific. Then I did Lovie's and it's better. Finally, I bit the bullet and did another one for Natalie -- correction -- I started another one for Natalie. It's been on my desk for a couple months and it's hard to tell when I will find time to color it in beautifully.

Once again, I wish I had 5 hours per envelope.

The white space that is leftover on Lovie's is nice. The white space on Natalie's is sooooo clunky.

Plus the stripes on Natalie's are distracting. I did not think I would like the plaid on Lovie's but I'm OK with it.

It is really hard for me to post the one to Natalie. That black background offends me on so many levels. But -- let's be clear about something. It is only offensive when it is paired with that stamp. There might be a different stamp that would look great.

Sometimes, when I am appalled by something I have done, readers will leave a comment telling me that I am *too hard on myself.* Then we have to get into a whole debate about who and when the artist gets to declare the artwork a complete and utter failure.

Hopefully, I've made this point in a way that makes sense. My to-do list is beckoning.
Happy Valentine's Day.

And -- at some point - Natalie's much-better-version will appear.



No comments:

Post a Comment