Monday, February 3, 2020

(Sunday) Slightly Off Topic - Puzzle Purse Valentines


This was my Sunday post, but I had to bump it to Monday when I ran the 02-02-2020 post.

This is more than one rabbit hole. It all started on Pinterest and *woof* -- there are a lot of people who enjoy puzzle purses. I learned this fold at least 20 years ago and it is one of the few that I can always remember. With most of the fun folded items I have to go back and find the instructions. I so wish I had time to do a bunch of these and put myself on all of the lists for the Feb exchange. Sadly, I do not. Maybe next year.

Here is the link to the image above:

https://herreputationforaccomplishment.wordpress.com/2015/02/13/my-dear-this-heart-that-you-behold/

Here is another one - and if you do a search on either Google or Pinterest, you will find lots more.

http://www.victoriantreasury.com/library/2007-01_Puzzle_Purses/

On Pinterest, puzzle purse works. On Google, you need paper puzzle purse - maybe add victorian. Pinterest is always my preference because any time you click on one item, they link it up with similar items and you can follow the trail forwards and then come back and take a different trail.

My head nearly exploded when I started watching the YouTube videos on how to do the folds. Every single one of them was beyond flawed. I won't even get into it -- I might keep looking -- or I might have to make my own. I'll wait to see if anyone needs video instructions. You will have to ask me.

******
Real time comments:

For Finnbadger - because he thought the pulled string art was clever. Here is someone who puts the paint on a chain (the kind used as a pull for lamps and ceiling fixtures) I did not go to the main site for the person (Designer Gemma77) who posted it. Pouring paint is currently all the rage and if you have not seen it, you might be interested. It is a cousin to Spin-Art. Or you might try Pinterest - and search *chain string pull*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9mf9fOC0Sk

And - shout out to the two people who suggested that I delete any thoughts of reducing the amount of fun mail I send just because I have insight into the difficulties of the postal system. I'm easily persuaded.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment