Thursday, February 6, 2020

Bonus Post - Birthday thank yous


Today's regular post is right below.

Mr Wilson was thrilled with all his birthday mail on Tuesday and sends his heartfelt thank yous. He started the day by eating cake for second breakfast. Not just any cake - I made the flourless chocolate cake that is somewhat complicated. Then at 10 am he decided it was time to open his mail. I wish I had a video of him opening this one.
As it popped up,
I said, "That's a handmade card."
Mr W: Someone made this?
Me: Yes. Carole made it.
Mr W (with amazement): You're kidding me.

It sounded like I had told him that someone just found a cure for the common cold.

When people are amazed at clever paper cutting, folding and gluing, it strikes me that people who do not make things have no idea how e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g that is man made is made by actual people. None of this clever stuff comes from outer space. Although, for some people, I guess it truly is  complicated. He probably has some skills that are beyond comprehension for me. (doing taxes and sitting in meetings)

I just finished posting all of the cards and envelope. You will see them towards the end of April. Thank you to everyone.
He didn't even notice that he did not get a card from me.

If the video is not working, I'll figure it out after I wake up on Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. "He didn't even notice that he did not get a card from me." -- LOL!!! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete