Saturday, February 15, 2020

Last call for Viola + note to exchangers


This is the last call for Happy 100th Birthday for Viola. If you do not mail today, just cross it off your to-do list. I will be out of town and it will be too challenging for Mr Wilson to handle mail that arrives while I am gone.  Many gorgeous envelopes have already arrived and Viola will be thrilled.

Of course, if you have an idea and you really want to send a late card, that's fine. I'm sure she will enjoy mail that comes after her birthday.


Note to exchangers:

And-----  as usual, I had all kinds of crazy stuff come up that interfered with my grand plans for mailing out gorgeous valentine-themed envelopes. I wanted to use Bleedproof White on red envelopes and then snow was predicted and Bleedproof White is bleedproof - but not waterproof. So, I was concerned about the addresses washing off. Instead of my own return address on the back, I put the address of the recipient - in waterproof ink. A couple of these envelopes went to first time exchangers and I figured they would wonder what was going on. Of course, I could have put this explanation inside the envelope, but that would have taken time - and I needed to get them in the mail on Wednesday. Even Wednesday was a little later than I had hoped for.



The envelope to Viola is from Leslie, who lives here in Des Moines. Both Leslie and I have had trouble with our local mail being delivered to our return addresses. Leslie has started writing my address on the back instead of her own - a logical solution. I might even remember to do it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment