Saturday, February 29, 2020

Off-topic Sunday (on Saturday) - Handmade books and mending

I think all the Sunday posts in Feb are off-topic - or reposts from my surfing. So, we'll see how long I keep this up. Maybe my decision to ditch all forms of organization and embrace chaos has given me structure. I have to run the exchange sign up on Sunday - so this is my weekly off-topic, a day early.

Many calligraphers dovetail their writing with the making of handmade books.
These knocked my socks off. Not that they are anything out of the ordinary for handmade books, but that she has 21 years of them. Part of me wished I had kept a slightly better record of my years. Part of me thinks it was probably better that I didn't.

http://wishiwashistudio.blogspot.com/2019/12/my-yearly-datebook.html


She is not a calligrapher - more paper arts and needle arts.
But, if you like abstract design, you might like a quick surf through her website.

http://jodyalexander.com/

http://wishiwashistudio.blogspot.com/  if you want to surf through the blog.

She does a lot of mending and I feel myself being drawn to the trendy mending. Not sure I will get there, but it would certainly be easier than shopping. I just don't want to look like a looney-toon in clothes with goofy patches. Are any of you hopping on the mending-wagon?

1 comment:

  1. ah! right up my alley! great design, great blog. thx 4 posting this. i collected many vintage asian textiles, japanese being my fave. i almost forgot i was ever a textile artist--perhaps i'll revisit that in a future incarnation.

    ReplyDelete