Sunday, September 15, 2019

STARTING the Halloween Ideas - my skull to Finnbadger

At the beginning of Oct of last year I realized that it would have been more helpful to run the 2017 exchange envelopes in late September so that exchangers had a wide range of stealworthy ideas.

This was the idea that I appropriated from Jannie. Hers is way better than mine - but the PO would have had to work at finding the address and after all the issues that had been going on with the PO, I decided to take it easy on them.

Jannie's envelope

  After doing 15 really difficult envelopes with a pointed pen - that had been appropriated from RachaelT, I needed something that was going to go faster. I used some neon highlighters to do sugar skulls. They were a lot of fun.

I had a book of the Peace rose stamps and the colors were nice. Then I forgot to photograph them before they took off. Happily, Finnbadger posted this on his blog. He posted it back in October. He also mentioned that the neon was hard to photograph. I agree - but I also went into the settings and pumped up the contrast and saturation which gives it a more neon look.

There are endless skull ideas on Pinterest. So you do not need to steal from something that was already a rip off.

4 comments:

  1. Love the skulls! Checking to see if this comment works . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippee -- it works.
      Can't wait to see your skull-works in October

      Delete
  2. Love the skulls but please understand the difference between Halloween and Dia de Los Muertos. Two very different things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reminder. Hopefully, I can catch and edit any of 2019 posts that make the same mistake. Everything is written for this year. Feel free to post additional reminders if this error pops up again.

      You reminded me of the numerous ofrendas I worked on when the art museum where I taught built large ofrendas each year. Sadly, I did not think to take pictures. I do know the photographer who worked the events. Maybe he has images. It would be really cool to see them again. I tended to be the one who figured out ways to make anything and everything out of paper.

      Delete