Monday, September 23, 2019

Oct 2018 from Janet - Candy Corn Lettering

I asked Janet about this lettering. At the time, she said she did it from memory - and she also sent a scan of another envelope to somebody else that she had done when she did have an exemplar in front of her. I think her *from memory* one is better than the original one - but now I can't find that image.

It is comforting to know that I am not the only person who loses images.

I love this lettering. The image of the witch is so perfect.

Maybe someday I can do my version of this lettering - this post is going to get a reminder label.
Or 4 labels - since I have 4 labels that are general reminders to return to ideas.

Maybe I should make a note-to-self to do some editing of my labels and create some consistency.

Hahahaha
That reminded me of the note-to-self label.
And there are two of those - one with hyphens and one without. Lable. Lable rhymes with table. Why are they spelled differently?

My *faults* could be so much worse.
Poor labeling is not nearly as bad as - oh - gee - what?
I don't even want to start *that list*

Later...
I found this image that Janet sent to show me what the first round of lettering looked like - the round where she had an exemplar. I'm guessing you'll all agree with me that her *memory* version is better. This adds credence to my theory that starting with a rip-off and then letting it morph into your own thing is a nifty way to come up with ideas. The idea that you'll just close your eyes and really great stuff will pop into your brain is an idea - but people who are labeled *creative* hardly ever use eye-closing to come up with good ideas. And people who sit there looking at a blank wall and wonder when the good ideas will start appearing out of nowhere are probably going to be disappointed when nothing pops up out of nowhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment