Sunday, September 8, 2019

From Janet in June + Alex's princesses

Janet clearly spends a lot of time on her cards and envelopes. We've had conversations about doing art with kids and grandkids. Instead of pairing her envelope with another exchanger, I am posting a couple pictures that my granddaughter did while she was in town.

Janet's card is so much fun. She clearly likes summer more than I do. I just endure it. If each day was over at noon, it would not be so bad. I'm writing this on the 4th of July.

On the envelope: note the pretty little printing on the address. I also like the way it is WIL[sun] - I hope all y'all got that. I wonder how many other names have hidden objects.



















Alex's artwork is below. I asked her to draw me a princess. Then, on her own, she flipped the paper over and drew two more. She's always been an impatient little being. Her relentless kicking before she was born caused so many problems, her poor mother was put on bedrest for the last two months. The speed-drawing is an illustration of her personality. I hope she finds a career that is a good match for someone with boundless energy. The shoes crack me up. I also like the two different styles of drawing braids.



Rapuzel

Rapunzel and Elsa
Off topic - Trip Report - added to this post on Sept 7th, 6 PM
Envelope exchangers were warned that the lists would be late this month as I was going to be out of town. Several people who signed up wished me a *happy vacation* - I was spending 2 weeks with the grandkids. One week = last week of summer and no school. second week was the first week with Alex going to public school kindergarten and Ben (3) going back to Montessori. My poor daughter got sick during the first week so, I was on desperation duty. The week of adjusting to drop off and pick up at two different schools that start and get out at the same time was challenging - but we managed. The parents had an impromptu invitation to go out one evening and normally, the kids are not that excited about being left with me- when the parents get to go out on a boat on Lake Michigan - so it was decided that I would take them out to eat. Five PM in Chicago --- and in addition to that traffic, it was Farmer's Market night - plus an entire parking lot was filled with a giant tent for the upcoming beer festival. The possibility of me getting a decent parking spot was less than none. But -- the parking gods had one opening - just for us. Right in front of the toy store. The kids told me they wished they could live with me instead of the parents. I suspect that was the *short shake* talking. I love PotBelly's. They have the cutest little mini-yogurt smoothies. Just right for kids. 

I headed to the airport this morning - and had an hour to kill, so I copied down the names from the sign up emails (off my phone - I do not have a laptop or iPad) and then made the lists. When I got home, the emails had completely disappeared. Apparently, if you open emails in a folder on your phone while at an airport, they fly away. I did not need a technical challenge. Or maybe I do. Maybe it is keeping my brain healthy. The weird thing is -- there was one email in the folder. Why? Where are the others?

If I had my choice between the parking space or losing 25 emails, I'd take the parking space every time. Although next time, I'm taking the L. Duh. We were a half block from a station on each end. Double duh.




1 comment:

  1. how clever, janet!....& those shoes r a hoot! tell alex she can decorate an envelope 4 me any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete