Thursday, October 24, 2024

Sept to Mia - Sharpie Creative Markers


 This is the last one I sent in September and it made me very happy to figure out something for Mia. I've struggled with her name - and the international postage can throw a monkey wrench into the process. This time, the stamps were perfect inspiration and scattering 6 buttons is so much fun. It would take a lot of research and test runs to figure out a perfect way to replicate the styles and colors. These are pretty rough and were my first attempt - so, I wouldn't give this one a 100% - but it gets a solid 90%.

And with that -- we conclude the September envelopes that I sent. Next we will run the September envelopes that arrived. It looks like I am back on track - but, the minute I say that - chaos will return....so why did I say that?

***

I keep referring to the *new Sharpie markers.* I don't like to recommend new products because it's impossible to predict how much other people will like the stuff I like - and I know for a fact that there are some very popular products that I can't stand --- but --- if you are an art supply junkie - you might as well give these a try. 

I have both the bold tips - bullet pointed and also the finer tips which have some of the flexibility of a brush marker - but *brush* is an overstatement. They are somewhat pointed and somewhat flexible.

https://www.sharpie.com/markers/new-creative-markers/

At the link above - you will see the product - and then you can click to the right - through several different images - and at the end there is a 50 second video - which you can click on and it has many fun examples - and bouncy music - to make the markers look like a whole lotta fun. I can't find a way to link directly to the video.



I do like that they do not bleed through paper. They are supposed to be wonderful on all sorts of materials - but, I have not tried them on anything other than paper.

Here is a random person showing 10 things to do with the markers. Her skill level is nowhere near what they have in the Sharpie video - which is to be expected. Sharpie will have a big budget production to make everyone feel like an artist. This link is more realistic - LINK to random person's video

OK -- here is a direct link to 15 seconds of big budget Sharpie promotion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW6RlvIFdWk

and.....if you have a ton of time to kill - here's the main page with all kinds of Sharpie videos.

https://www.youtube.com/@SharpieUS/videos




No comments:

Post a Comment