Sunday, October 20, 2024

Re-runs to Faye and Susan - quote from Janet

 


Not too long ago, I posted an envelope from someone who had layered my name this way - and I remember thinking how clever it was and I was hoping I would remember to do it. And then I ran across this image - something I did a long time ago - and *duh* - that clever idea was something I had done, but forgotten about. Will I remember long enough to do some more?

Here is another one from long ago that I like. My old work is so much better than my current work. Maybe 6,000+ envelopes is enough. Maybe I don't have to go on a search for new ideas. Maybe there are enough.


***

This quote was on the back of Janet's July envelope. I set it aside to figure out a way to *keep* it and I won't have time to letter it myself in the near future. However, I realized I have a tab on the blog just for quotes. I forgot all about it - because I started it in May of 2020 - which was during the lockdown and we all had so much time to get ourselves organized. LOL. 

I'm just happy that I discovered my good idea - 4 years after I had it ---- more LOL --- 

I did a search and did not find the quote associated with anyone. There might be more mis-attributions on the internet than correct attributions. So, we don't need to dig any further. What we DO need to do - is heed the words.

Don't count the hours. 

Art is not efficient. Sometimes a good piece is born in minutes, but even then it is usually surrounded by days of seemingly fruitless poking. 

Accept this and you will be much happier.


Or maybe these are original words from Janet.


No comments:

Post a Comment