Tuesday, November 7, 2023

OCT to Leslie + studio tour (JeanR)


I dropped this envelope to Leslie in the mailbox on the way to visit JeanR. I hand delivered Jean's envelope. Having Jean in town for the warmer months is lovely and I have featured her very cool home in previous posts. During my most recent visit, in person, we went to her studio and found some very nice artwork. She said it is Neurographic. I jotted that word down - and looked it up when I got home.

It was/is a very familiar concept to me - but, I was not aware that it had a name. I hesitate to give a definition because like so many things - there are all kinds of definitions. It can be 100% abstract - but it can morph into representational. IMHO - the best thing about it is that it gives you a starting point if you do not have any ideas that are generating enthusiasm.

I'll be doing some Neurographic envelopes - probably some that will be sent out in November.... (well - that didn't happen - and I even did the Dec envelopes - so maybe January)




And this is a piece done by one of Jean's grandkids - it is ceramic - and I should have put my shoe in the photo to give a reference for the scale. The rings are all interconnected - so it is like jumbo sized chain mail - only it's ceramics - we did not pick it up. I do not know how fragile it is -- but I loved it so much I hope I get a chance to find out exactly how it was made and fired..... if you are reading this Jean, and either know - or can get your granddaughter to write up a little description of the process - that would be lovely. Do you have any other photos of it? As I recall, you said that it was hung when it was in an exhibit.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment