Friday, November 24, 2023

Monsters from Smash (and to grandkids) - Loose ends project

In case you missed it - the 2024 stamp designs have been announced - lots of good ones to come:


This envelope from Smash arrived in October. It reminds me of the previous robot series that she started. You can do a search on the blog for [robots] and see all kinds of fun stuff. I have been sending weekly envelopes to my grandkids and I knew that I would be stealing this idea. I had been sending them each an envelope, but found out that the two envelopes, mailed on the same day, seldom came on the same day. The second one of a set would arrive up to 3 days later. My solution is to put one envelope inside another - and save a stamp. Each kid will get to open something. 

Here's the one I sent, inspired by Smash's. I happened to be walking through an apartment building when the mailman was filling the bank of mail boxes. I handed him the envelope and asked him if I could trust him to get it to its destination. Without missing a beat, he said, "Sure. I'll drive it over there right now." I love postal workers.



My grandkids are not keeping any of their mail - so I put very little time into them -- I like this idea enough that I might redo it - and approximate Smash's work a little better.

***
Here is a heartwarming IG account - where people volunteer to finish a project for a family where the person who started the project has passed away.

https://www.instagram.com/thelooseendsproject/

You will have to scroll back to see the story about this man. There will be new heartwarming stories that have been added.



No comments:

Post a Comment