Wednesday, March 6, 2019

No picture post - to the envelope exchangers

A note to the envelope exchangers. The lists were sent out on March 5th- if you did not get your list, let me know.

I am happy to report that only 3 people forgot to include their email with their sign-up info.
I did not return the emails and ask for complete information because I am a wimpy pushover. I can talk tough - but am not able to follow through. I won't even *out* the people who did not add their email.

Next month,  we will try something else -- we are in this together... and imagine the celebration if we hit 100% compliance with the sign-up format. Newcomers - you all get A+. You all sent in your info in perfect order.

I guess I am a pushover because I do hear bits and pieces from exchangers - reasons why they are a few days late. The *excuses* are not excuses. They are understandable reasons. Mostly illness. Sometimes there has been a death in the family. Other times people are coping with things that are challenging.

One day, while driving, I was thinking of some of the challenges that my penpals face and I thought - gee - maybe I should make a list - so all y'all know that we are all facing challenges.

Here are some actual challenges that I have heard about from real people over the past couple years:


elder care
cancer
wedding planning
funeral
divorce
adult offspring moving back home
car accident
elder care
flood
forest fire
brain tumor
illness that defies diagnosis
restless-retired-spouse
radon
broken bone
elder care
and one of the hardest of all - death of a beloved pet

MUD SLIDE
SNOW
these two added via email -- I can't believe I forgot to put snow on the list.
which reminds me of
ICE


OK
Those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
I'm probably forgetting some.
Feel free to add to the list.
You won't be complaining.
I think it's called commiserating.



1 comment:

  1. I just want to add to this, Jean. A few months ago, an exchanger wrote to me that she was suffering from a back injury, thus her envelope to me was computer-generated. Although I love having my name hand-written/decorated, it was so nice of her to tell me that, as it reminded me of a few years ago when I had a tear in my elbow tendon (my dominate hand!) Ugh! That was awful, as I could barely brush my teeth, let alone write anything. SO, thank you for posting this reminder. I often think of that now (my hand) when my tendon starts to flare up. My first thought is always, "NO!!! I want to be able to do my exchanges!!" :)

    ReplyDelete