Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Bonus Post BHB Birthday Mail

This is all off topic - so just skip it unless you have nothing to do today.

Friday was the BigHelpfulBrother's birthday. One person wondered what I might find for him for a birthday present. Since both of us are in the midst of minimizing our belongings, I knew that he would only want something that would offer a chuckle and then be easy to toss.

I had the perfect greeting that I had saved off Pinterest. I dug in my paper bag of recycled paper under the desk and found this envelope. Then I grabbed the first piece of non-white paper that I could find.

Since the proportion of my card was longer than the inspiration card, I went with the world's best space filler - flourishing. The top one was fine. The second one was wretched and I came close to pitching it - but since I was doing something that I figured I would never post on the blog and it was going to someone who is unable to discern good flourishing from bad - it made no sense to obsess over the bad flourish.

He reported that he did get a chuckle out of it. The next day, I asked the BHB if I could have the card back to post on the blog. Then I realized that a very good calligrapher friend of mine shares a birthday with the BHB so I will be inserting this in an outer envelope and sending it along as a belated greeting.

The original card that inspired this one is pictured below - I neglected to save the link to it aso I am unable to give credit to the originator. If that person wants to send me a link, I will be happy to add it to this post.




No comments:

Post a Comment