Friday, March 15, 2019

BIG White on Red -from Jean - Nov

Another example of how beautiful traditional calligraphy can carry the whole envelope. I love the contrast in size.

White on red is always delicious. I was surprised how pretty the stamp went with the color of the envelope. I'm not sure I would have even tried that combo...which shows that you should not reject ideas until you put them closer together.

Inside is a nifty little folded card with a slot and strip of paper holding it together.

I believe Jean has been taking some bookbinding classes. I went through a handmade book phase and it was a fabulous phase. I highly recommend it to anyone who has time and the slightest interest. While some of the techniques are difficult - there are ton of them that are super beginner friendly.



1 comment: