Saturday, March 2, 2019

Jan. Neuland to Patty, Finn and KathyS

Another batch of Neuland, done for the Jan exchange. I had planned on using up the 25-cent Greeting stamps in December and forgot all about them. Since the rates are going up, I figured it would be fine to use them up in January rather than hold them over for Dec 2019 - and have to use three - or add an oddball.

One tip for Neuland is that it is a good style for stacking. I like to make names into rectangles or squares. Because the stamps are usually rectangles of squares - it's nice to harmonize those two shapes.

This was an early one in the series and it isn't wildly exciting. There are 15 in this series and they do get pretty wild.

Phillip's is a little busy for my taste - but I do like the idea of writing things in the horizontal lines.

Kathy's is a little tame. I did not have a good pale blue marker and none of my greens were the right shade - so I thought layering greens was a good option. I was tempted to add some of the dark green to Kathy's, but chickened out after I botched some of the others that you will be seeing in the coming days.




No comments:

Post a Comment