Sunday, August 2, 2020

Script to Susan and Chuck



Two more of one of my redundant styles done during a hoard reduction session.

My hoard of stamps used to live in a box lid - 9x12 and an inch deep + there was another smaller shoebox lid for Forever stamps. The larger lid is gone. All that's left is what fits in the shoebox lid.

BIG SHOUT OUT - to all the people who sent me envelopes in July even though I was not on any of the lists.
All y'all are the best. There were definitely days when I needed some happiness in the mailbox.
Nothing dreadful was happening, but minor things were adding up.

After my 2 weeks in Chicago helping with the kids while my daughter finished up her tax season, I got home and decided it was time to attack the worn and dingy walls, ceilings, woodwork and doors. Massive project - and it's a terrible thing to do to my hands - but the results are uplifting.
Why is blogger underlining the word uplifting?
Isn't that a word?

Anyhow, I have two really good tips for anyone who likes to paint walls, etc.
There is a mini scaffolding thing on wheels that is sooooo helpful. I wish I had had one years ago.
-and-
I have vintage 1949 heat registers - which are standard sizes and have been easy to replace.
But the cold air return grilles are a very strange size and would have to be custom made to fit.
They have too many coats of paint and I do not want to use chemicals to strip them - so, Google 
popped up with lots of tips on how to soak them in boiling water with baking soda and voila...
it worked. I'm so happy. I am even considering doing all the hinges in the house.
I figured if I took just the middle hinges off all the doors and cleaned them, then I could replace them and do all the top hinges - then all the bottom hinges.

I will not bore you with the adventure of restoring the glass doorknobs.
Here is the link to my scaffolding


No comments:

Post a Comment