Thursday, August 20, 2020

From GraceE - in August


Because of all the stuff going on with the post office - I am going to ask everyone to put a very legible address on envelopes for the Sept thru Dec exchanges. GraceE's Aug envelope is a perfect example of how the name can be very creative - and the address is very clear. I know that the PO is not interested in the name - they really only look at the address. So -- put all your creativity into the names.

I am also recommending you keep the space below the address clear. 
At least a half-inch -- for the bar code.

I made a vow that I would not go back and redo any of the posts that are scheduled - but, I will replace a few of them -- or I will go in and remind everyone to back off on the challenging penmanship and any kind of design that makes the address hard to read.
This will be a good opportunity to work on our beautiful block lettering.

If this request is rubbing you the wrong way, feel free to ignore me.
It's not like I can control what you do.
But, I am asking politely -- that we give the PO a break --
and maybe by January of 2021 -- things will have simmered down.

Remember, I am sitting here in the aftermath of a the derecho - the hideous storm that is as intense as a tornado and as wide as a hurricane. My personal situation is resolved, but I have neighbors who still have entire trees laying across their driveways and there are neighboring communities that have been devastated. 

So-- let's be kind to the PO for the last 4 months of this bizarre year.
I will be posting some fun tips on how to combine wildly creative names with clear addresses.
Don't worry about your August envelopes.
If you already had a wild and crazy idea -- go ahead.
I will not complain or post your envelope and scold you.

If you think this is a bad idea - let me know.
I'm always up for a spirited debate.
 

1 comment:

  1. Taking it easy on the Post Office is a GREAT idea! I'm just about to mail a birthday package to my son and will make sure the address is easy to read.

    ReplyDelete