Thursday, August 6, 2020

Real time Bonus Post - from Leanne to Leslie



Todays regular post is right below this one.

We are heading into a series of posts that were written a while ago - sometimes I edit things right before they pop up. Other times, I forget to look at what is going to pop up and then I am really surprised at what I wrote a couple months back.

There are so many references to the confusion of daily pandemic life. I'm trying to reduce the amount of editing that I do -- and will be adding my real-time-thoughts in bonus posts.

I had a big dose of *pan-fusion* (that is confusion caused by the pandemic - or should it be pandefusion?) on the 4th. I thought it was time to send out the exchange lists. So I did. And then discovered that it was the 4th - and I normally send them on the 5th, so I had to contact one list and tell them to wait - in case anyone signed up on the 4th.

The envelope today is from Leslie - it was done by Leanne, a new penpal that Leslie found on IG. Apparently you can direct message with people on IG. Leslie says that the actual envelope is way more vibrant than in the photograph. It's a lovely idea - plus it looks like the PO did not put any marks on it. The white of the torn edge is really nice with the white lettering.

BIG SHOUT OUT - to all the people who have sent me mail while I have been sitting out on the exchanges. I got inspired to participate this month. So far, the envelopes are only so-so -- but they might get better. Thank you for filling my *to be blogged* folder - so that I don't have to worry about churning out my own stuff.

BIG SHOUT OUT to the people who have been sharing photos of their mail with me. It's great to have a good stockpile of envelopes. It's a wonderful way to add variety to the blog.

AND
a note to the exchangers -- I forget EVERY DANG MONTH to add to the info I send with the list -- to take a picture of your envelopes before you send them out - so that if they do not arrive, you can at least send a photo. If anyone is missing any mail - please let me know. I do include the emails on the lists - so you are welcome to contact each other - if you are missing any envelopes. 

Thank you - now proceed to the lovely work by Nancy.



No comments:

Post a Comment