Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Versal and little house to Nicole


Debacle might be the right word to describe this one. I wanted to do a letter in a style similar to Benoit Furet. I featured him a few weeks ago. I though the placement of the N was nice. I spent a ridiculous amount of time on the letter. Then I turned the envelope over and saw that it was upside down. That shouldn't matter - but that irrational side of me got all irrational and put the envelope in a stack.

It should have gone out in January - and I did not get it mailed until Feb 4. And Nicole was a new exchanger. Plum pitiful of me to be so slow in sending mail to a new person. It finally dawned on me that there was no way I was going to come up with a solution - so I should just do an outer envelope and use this as the insert.

Note to self: if you decide to do any more of these versals - figure out a stamp and layout first.

Then, I had the issue of that last lonely wreath stamp. I did not want to use it. But, it was the only international stamp left and it was going to annoy me if it hung around until next year - so I found a cute idea on Pinterest. The house had a little row of hearts coming out of the chimney. I left those off. It's OK - but I would only give my version a C+.

Does anyone want to discuss the use of the word plum in - plum pitiful? I found very little when I went looking to see whether it was plum or plumb. Neither of them seemed more likely than the other. Bonus points if you can recall which TV sit-com character used to say, "Pitiful. Plum pitiful."

Or was it, "Pitiful. Plumb pitiful."


No comments:

Post a Comment