Sunday, April 12, 2020

Sunday Rabbit Hole - Denise Lach

“I left the paths of neat and clearly legible calligraphy. But I remain dependent on his discipline and his thoroughness. The opportunity for exchange places, and the emulation in an artistic training environment greatly stimulated my curiosity. The weaving of words and the textures that emanate fascinate me. This inexhaustible game of writing on the most varied supports makes it possible to widen the graphic vocabulary and to enrich the personal expression. "...



It is still Jan 15th and I am on my 3rd hour of surfing. Pinterest is so dangerous. They can analyze what I like and then find other stuff to toss at me that they think I might like. And I do. This is from Denise Lach. 

It says The Hanging Gesture - in the title line. I'm not sure if this her blog or a website with several artists. I will resist the temptation to keep surfing and when this comes up - I might go down the rabbit hole. 

The image is one of nine -- and oh.my.gosh. it would be hard to pick a favorite. 

Denise Lach

The blurb at the top is her artist's statement. I've never been able to come up with an artist's statement.
Shall I try?

I like paper, writing, stamps and envelopes - so leave me alone.

****
April 8 - adding a comment.
Asking people to leave me alone seems like an unusual request - currently.
For those of you who have watched Tim Gunn on Project Runway and are now watching him on Make the Cut -- he was being interviewed on one of the NPR programs and indicated that he was appreciating all the time alone. He actually seemed giddy about it. I wonder how many people are in that boat - people who had very busy lives, but were overloaded and now they have time to recharge their batteries. Clearly, this is not much of an adjustment for me. Y'all know that I spend way too much time surfing. I found a video that is labeled [mature] because of the liberal use of the f-word. I sent it to a couple people who thought it was really funny. I'll link to it here - but don't get mad at me about the language - you HAVE BEEN warned. Vimeo is a fun place to surf - mixed bag - but I often find interesting things.

https://vimeo.com/402081296

2 comments:

  1. the cute house is funny (i LOVED the reaction 2 the pig), but ur artist statement is f-ing hysterical....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like the artist statement. I have never had one - and I had to pause for a moment to consider exactly what the essence of my aesthetic life is. When I read the artist's statements of others, I usually feel like someone with a 4th grad education.

    ReplyDelete