Thursday, October 17, 2019

Sam Saves the Day - to France

I've seen a few envelopes from Sam where she does repeated images and creates an overall pattern. They look really simple, but there are many decisions going into an envelope such as this.

Deciding whether to go off the edge is one. Then deciding whether to go off all 4 edges or just 2 or 3.

I like the little bit of white space down in the lower right corner. It keeps the design from looking like wallpaper. Not that wallpaper is a bad thing - I just like that bit of space.

And then there is the placement. You want to draw the eye in and then invite it to wander around the page. Sooooo pretty.

Thank you for these 8 examples Sam. I hope it inspires more people to send me images of the work they send off to others. It really helps when I find myself in a pinch for posts.

1 comment:

  1. ur welcome, jean. happy 2 b of service. to those reading, yes, plz send images of ur other work 2 jean so that u may inspire others (also, so it doesn't appear as if i'm hogging all the posts of her blog!)

    ReplyDelete