Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Mushy thank you to RachaelT

If you have sent me an envelope - and I owe you one -- please let me know right away. My system has had a major malfunction and it is not possible to straighten things out.

I have to just draw a line and start over. So, if I owe you an envelope - please email me with a subject line:
YOU OWE ME
and send your address to:
jmwilson411-at-yahoo-dot-com

*******

I owe Rachael a reply for this one. I hope she heeds my request. Just so you know Rachael, I'm testing you to see how well you follow directions. A couple of the rest of you are being secretly tested. Can you guess who you are?

******

No design or lettering tip today. This will be one of my mushy I-love-my-pen-pals posts.

RachaelT who has provided more than a couple uber-stealworthy ideas sent me an envelope just out of the clear blue. I can see why she does not sign up for exchanges very often. I know from her notes inside that she often tries to find a design that will not take forever -- and then she ends up with a doozy.

Although I said no design tip today - it is worth pointing out how lovely the colors are on this one.

As usual, she did the thing many of us do -- she noted that there were multiple issues with the design and/or lettering. But she wisely did not list the issues. She totally gets it that mail is not about nit-picking. It's about sending sunshine. Or -  in my world -- chore-avoidance.

My morning surf ran across the lovely woman (in her 70s) who just set the world record for sailing, solo, all the way around the globe. That's right. In a boat. And she had to start out with all the provisions she would need for the trip. Whaaaaa? I'm sorry, but it makes no sense to me that people layer additional difficulty onto challenges. What's the point? Maybe someone can explain this to me. You're alone. You're in a boat. You're sailing around the globe. How is it slacking to stop once in a while and buy some groceries?

Thank you to the people who send mail my way and also in other directions. I know how much people enjoy getting mail.

2 comments:

  1. The happy mail is just lovely. As to stopping for provisions while sailing around the world, if sailing and out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, you might be hard pressed to find a grocery store if you run out of teabags. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out the difference since I wrote this post -- while she sailed to places like NZ - and places where she had to stop and wait for local fishing boats to get out the way. She was on an *unassisted* voyage. So - stocking up at various ports would have been assistance.

    ReplyDelete