Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Gee's to RachaelT, Lovie & A&B

Here's another version of the Gee's style. It's the first one with no bold strokes. The street address is inside the O in Thomas. And the city-state-zip is to the left of the 2. I deeply regret the 8 - but am letting it go. (I appropriated the line *deeply regret* from something Rachael wrote on one of her envelopes.) The 8 should have been two squares, stacked without the *neck.*

Lovie's envelope has only one bold stroke. Lovie works for the USPS - so that address is the main post office. I did Lovie's before I refilled the marker. I actually like it better with the streaky lines.

The eclipse stamp would be perfect, but I do not have one. The caterpillar is not affixed. I'll give it to her without a stamp and hope she can get an eclipse stamp.

I only did a few halloween envelopes this year. I didn't spend much time on this one - because Alex and Ben are just turning 6 and 4 - and are pleased with anything. I should have taken a picture of the card I sent inside. I drew masks on a picture of the 4 of them. My daughter and son-in-law are not savers of ephemera. It's fine with me. One envelope hoarder in the family is quite enough.

Oh -- what the heck. I forgot to make my noon coffee because I was being so productive - I can take a minute and make another card. Alex, the nearly 6 year old already told me that the one I sent needed a stem on the pumpkin. Ben the 4 yr old said he did not like it. Sweet little filter-less munchkins.

I had a friend help me with the birth announcements and she had them printed at a place that sends 250 whether you need that many or not - for a base price of $30. So, 4 years later I have about 100 left - I use them as stuffers in my *empty* exchange envelopes. I'm thinking I can come up with a bunch more holiday ideas for future mailings.


No comments:

Post a Comment