Sunday, October 27, 2019

Article to file (Bonus post) Deciphering addresses at the PO

This article has been posted - but when I tried to find it on the blog, I couldn't. So I am reposting it with a better label. Not that I can think of a better label. Why did I let myself create over 4,000 posts without a decent filing system? Is it too late to go back and reorganize?

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/04/us/where-mail-with-illegible-addresses-goes-to-be-read.html

this article is even better - it tells about the training to be an address decipherer
and
the dead letter office where they open mail to see if they can figure out where to send it.
if I had time, I would apply for a job as a decipherer. I really would.

***

Art - because I hardly ever post words without art.

Random art - this from Liesbet Boudens. The same words are on one of my all time favorite envelopes from the lovely RachaelT


and there is a cool picture of Liesbet, lettering words on a wall while perched in a bathtub

http://newzealandcalligraphers.blogspot.com/2015/01/liesbet-boudens-liesbet-boudens-work.html

I imagine you could do a fair amount of surfing through items on the New Zealand Calligraphers blog. I am resisting the temptation for the moment. Although, I know that the minute I click on [publish] for this post, I will sneak over and click a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment