Monday, February 25, 2019

Bonus Post - Alyce's Studio

Whaaaaa?

Alyce sent 3 photos and I had to decide what order to post them. This is her new space in her new house and clearly she has not moved in.

I read her message before I looked at her photos and she explained that because she feels she is more of a craftsman than an artist she does not refer to her space as a studio - rather she calls it her playroom and even has a sign that someone made for her. I'm pretty sure that craftsmen still call their workspaces studios - but I can also see how studio does sound a little more artsy. Workshop is probably more crafty - but workshop doesn't sound right for paper/pen/marker work.

I never quibble with people over which label they prefer. Artist, player, maker, craftsman, putterer, whatever. The important part is to boldly take up as much room as you like and spend time doing things that you enjoy.

Here is Alyce's current space in all its glory. Yowza.



Really well organized. Thanks for sending -- hoping more readers send photos.

Daily post is right below. Right after her door sign.


No comments:

Post a Comment