Sunday, February 3, 2019

Aug Exchange from CathyO and Maggie

Cathy's (on top) really has to be seen in person to appreciate the lovely gouache on paper. When Cathy signed up for the Sept exchange, I mentioned to her how much I liked this one and part of her reply included this:

I made a huge mistake and left out a line from the Lindbergh quote: (choiceless) as a beach  

So, you can insert those words if you want it to make more sense. I'm not sure whether I thought about what it meant when I read it. I probably related to the word *empty* and then didn't clutter my head with any more thoughts after that. For me - if something is *pretty* I don't go much deeper than that. Maybe that sounds superficial. I'm not going to get very deep into that thought either. I think for me - shallow is just safer.

Maggie was one of the people who sent an additional envelope to me in August. It confused the heck out of George when the second one arrived. He said, "Didn't we already get this one?" I had to show him that there were two different names. They are really pretty. The colors in Cathy's and Maggie's are so pretty together. Maggie said she used pastels on the flowers. There is some subtle detail in something shiny.




No comments:

Post a Comment