Monday, January 28, 2019

Nov 2018 PTEX to Chuck - hatching + Mr. Wilson's Birthday

Chuck is a master of fine lines so I thought I'd do some sketchy ones. I do not have the patience that Chuck has. That's not true. I have some obligations that prevent me from having the time to devote to the kinds of lines that Chuck makes. It is possible I will do some serious Chuck-style-appropriation.

I am not crazy about the black stitching - but I do like the overall design. It was certainly fun to do.

I can't remember if the name for little lines is hatching. If you cross them, they are cross hatching. But is seems like there is a different word for the little lines....maybe it will come to me.

I reshot many of the Nov envelopes after I had the addresses on. It's more work to block out the addresses, but I'd rather give an impression of how the finished envelope looks.


Personal note to Mr. Wilson - added on Feb 3rd after you opened the Cheerio card:
If you (George) are researching why you received a reference to Cheerios - and found this post - please be advised that it is a scathing post, fueled by my morning coffee. My readers know that I lapse into silliness and poke all kinds of fun at my family. If it's a problem, you should start your own blog and write all kinds of retaliatory posts. I'm sure they would love reading them. In fact - just send your offerings to me and I will post them on my blog. I know that the number of quirks I possess far out-number yours.

Return to the post that invited people to send you birthday greetings.

Mr. Wilson's birthday is a week from today. If you are going to sign up for the February exchange - you could go ahead and send him a birthday envelope this week and it will count as your February envelope to me. It is a huge sacrifice for me to offer up the Feb slot to Mr. Wilson. He has been a repeat offender in no-food-in-the-living-room rule.* But, he has been trying hard on some of the other rules, and really does enjoy getting mail. Especially in February, the most pitiful month of the year.

Here is my problem. If people send him a special birthday envelope, then I miss out on the really cool idea they had for everyone else. So, if you want to show me how much you love the exchange, you may send me an image of the design you come up with for February. Just send an image that you sent to someone else - and I will blot out the address.

Better yet - don't do anything special for his birthday - just send whatever your Feb design is. That would be easy. And I am sure he won't care if the envelopes are late. It's just as fun to have your mail spaced out.

*P.S. To be clear about one thing, I am not the one who cares about food in the living room. Mr. Wilson is the one who grew up with a mom who put housekeeping above E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. else. She was in good company. My mom was the same way. Although my mom lived in a primitive dwelling during the dust bowl, so that explained why she was traumatized by dust. But, the MIL grew up on the east coast - and I'm not sure what caused her affliction.

I'm just noting that Mr. Wilson came with some unrealistic expectations on housekeeping and I would not have any problem at all with the whole program if he could/would just keep his food contained. In fairness, he is a powerhouse when it comes to cleaning and tidiness. But, he has some kind of mental block about food and I find it in the most obnoxious places. Maple syrup hiding on the inside of the fridge handle. AAAARRRggghhhh. Perpetual stickiness on the faucet handle. Peanut butter on the floor. Cheerios under his desk. And what kind of maniac will use a gas range as a breadboard when they toast their English muffin? Sorry. It's been a rough week.  I manage these daily events by recalling the fact that he was willing to clean up any and all bodily fluid deposits made by the kids. Oh.My.Gosh. That's gonna be quite a chapter in my memoir. Note-to-self -- post that really pretty award I made for him after the gallon of barbeque sauce incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment