Thursday, January 31, 2019

Bonus Post - Weather report -18 F or -27 C

Either way, it is very cold here - so I am getting lots done on two jobs. During break time I pulled out all my gray markers. There might be more. I have not done a thorough gathering of the grays. But it was enough to do a tap-tap-tap design.

TIP: Do all the left taps first and then go back and do the right taps.
There is a consistency that happens when you do many strokes at the same time. It's fine to go back and forth and do both sides at the same time - but the end result is slightly different. I guess I could show that - maybe during break time today.

Experiment with the orientation of the envelope. I would NEVER - and I mean NEVER make taps with the envelope in this orientation. I would have to curl my right hand around in a very uncomfortable position.

Place your hand on a piece of scratch paper and just let the brush marker hit the paper in a very natural position. That will tell you what direction to place the envelope. I guess it is time to try another video.

To the right is a Ceramicron pen. It's the new version of technical pens. Needle tip. Dreamy. It's what I used for the outline.

And they aren't all brush markers - some are wedge tips, so the motion for making a teardrop shape is a little different than a brush mark stroke. There is even a Crayola in there.

In case it is not obvious, the top envelope is step one and the bottom one is step two.

No comments:

Post a Comment