Wednesday, January 23, 2019

More Pen and Marker Storage (Bonus Post)

There will be a third and final chapter tomorrow.

A few penpals emailed that they enjoyed seeing the storage photos. So I thought I would add a couple more. Figuring out how to draw on the photos was fun. Although very difficult to use my finger as the pencil. I couldn't find any kind of stylus that would work. Can anyone tell me if such a thing exists - where I could write with a pointed object on an iPhone.

The arrow points to the 5 boxes (plus one lid) of ZIG markers. Having sets of 48 markers was a luxury - but they are more than 10 years old - probably 15. I've replaced some of the colors - but they have given me years of fun.

Jan gifted me about 30 Copics - and it's been a fabulous gift. Someday I might treat myself to some more.


Below, you can see two of the lids I use to keep current supplies corralled. The one on the left is the December lid. All the things I pulled out during the December and January mailings. It's time to put them away with their brothers and sisters. To the right are the items I pulled out to go with the new Love stamps.  I'll keep ading to that lid as I do the Feb exchange envelopes.

Below the lids is the bottom desk drawer. I forgot that my colored Pigmas are down there. Under the Pigmas are all the tools for cutting, scoring, etc. Since there is that one open space in the plastic drawers, I can probably move the colored Pigmas over there.

I have my name on a lot of the supplies. I use those free return address stickers. I needed to mark things so that I wouldn't lose them during classes.



Below is a stack of lids. Some of them are candy boxes. Any kind of flat box or lid will work. These are nesting - so they do not take up much space when not in use.



Below I have them stacked criss-cross.
If there are several projects going on at one time, each project can be in a lid and it is easy to find the one you want because you can see what's in each lid. It's a stack of stuff - but has dividers vertically - so it less likely that anything will get lost in a big pile.
Also - if the stack is getting too tall, I know it is time to buckle down and finish some of the projects.

Criss-cross stack

And last, but not least - the two giant under-the-bed storage units - I put my shoes in the corner for scale. That's a lotta stuff. But I've visited other scribes who have way more than what I have.

One more post on this topic tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. iPen can write on an iPad. you'll have to check to see if you can use it with an iPhone. It might not work if you have an older model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm one of the few people left who does not own am iPad. And my phone is the old *small* one - but, next time I am out and about, I'll stop in at a store and try to be less than 100% annoying with my elderly-ness and antique phone.

      Delete