Apologies for the confusion of me talking to myself during this post - if you have a lot going on - just skip this post. I think I have a good excuse - but, I'm not going to talk about it until October.
Five minutes before I left to mail my Sept envelopes, I decided to do another one for Janet because her first one was the worst of the Sept envelopes and I have such a hard time making Janet-worthy envelopes. This font had been so much fun - I figured it would work out. The NA in her last name is clunky. But it's way better than the first one which I hesitate to post.
I like the idea, but it's a dud. Maybe if the lettering was chunkier. I'm having a serious case of deja vous. Did I already post it? [ Yes - I did - and I figured that out and edited the post yesterday] I think I do rough drafts in my head of what I am going to say on the blog and then it feels like I've already written the blurb. [ No - you did write the post - and you left it where it was after you found it ]
I have so many of those translucent envelopes to use up - and I was thinking I could write names on the Fabriano paper. But, I wanted the paper to stay in the center - so I stuck it to the inside of the envelope with some of the selvage off the stamps. Maybe I can think of a better way to stick the Fabriano paper onto the envelope. I don't think I would want it floating around. There has to be something wonderful just waiting to pop into my head. If anyone wants to send me an idea, go right ahead.

There are two ways to cover up the addresses. I can grab some of the writing and use it to cover up the address. I usually take the zip code and run it over the top of the street and house number. That's the easiest option in Preview. On the lower one, I used the clean up tool in Photos. I much prefer the Preview method. If you are reading this, Judi, you might want to try the Preview method. If you can't figure it out, let me know and I'll write better instructions. Judi asked me a while back for tips on blocking addresses. Maybe I should cover all the options as well as tips for photographing envelopes.
That dud of an idea might have been fine if I had just gone a lot looser with the letters and layered them.
***
I can't figure out if I already posted these two. Later on, I discovered that I had already posted these two - but I'm going to leave my comments here in case anyone is tempted to try this font.
Both of the MAs on Mashman look pretty good. The MA on Mary is not so good. I think it is the proportion. Mary's name has rounds and angles and straights - too many shapes. Susan's assortment of letters makes for a more cohesive design. Three Ss, three As, two Ms, Ns.
I should have slanted Mary's WI the other way.
Thank you to Juliana for answering my question about this font - where she found it and whether or not she used rulers and templates.
I usually just scour the internet looking for something interesting and that I'm capable of reproducing. I'm glad you like it though! The "clumping" made me think of neurographic art where you just round out all the corners. No templates, but always a ruler to make sure the address stays straight.
No comments:
Post a Comment