There were lots of flower designs on the July envelopes that arrived. These yellow flowers on gray from Patty are very nice. They are a perfect example of my tip about adding black and white. These flowers would be dull, bland and boring without the black and white. I'm also liking the juxtaposition of martial arts and flowers. She pulled in some *action lines* to make my name literally bounce. She used *repetition* with the action lines and leaves. Love it. Stealworthy. Because I met Patty through my classes at the museum, it's not surprising that she picked up some of the tips that I've been talking about.
***
Digression about scissors.
It's a rainy Saturday and I am on my coffee break. Here's another one of those videos about how something is made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwTdIn75nzA
And because I know some of us are wondering who invented scissors.... here you go:
Origins of Scissors
Early Development
- Scissors were first developed by the Mesopotamians nearly 4,000 years ago.
- These early scissors consisted of two blades connected by a thin strip of softer metal, allowing users to squeeze them together for cutting.
Advancements by Ancient Civilizations
- Around 1500 BC, the Ancient Egyptians used a similar design, known as spring scissors, which featured two bronze blades connected at the handles.
- The Romans improved the design around 100 AD by introducing the pivot mechanism, which is the basis for modern scissors.
Modern Manufacturing
- The mass production of scissors began in 1761 when Robert Hinchliffe in England started using cast steel to manufacture them, leading to the scissors we commonly use today.
While the exact inventor of scissors is not known, their evolution involved contributions from various ancient civilizations, particularly the Mesopotamians and Romans.
No comments:
Post a Comment