Sunday, September 13, 2026

July from Leslie - 3 more days to fill up

 


Leslie used the Marie to create the waves. It's very subtle and very nice. Her pretty card says: The sea is a wilderness of wonder. I wonder if Leslie is fond of the sea. I'm always curious about people from the midwest who are fond of seas and oceans. The midwest has only lakes and rivers. For me, the seas and oceans are way too dangerous. Even the Great Lakes are too dangerous for me. I love rivers and lakes. I wonder if there are any desert dwelling people who do not care for anything more than an oasis or watering hole. Do we think I'll find an answer? <pause> The answer is long enough that I can use it to fill tomorrow's post.



*** 

There will be three more days of drivel before I get back to my design tips for Liz. It's Aug 29th and I need to start my envelopes for the Sept exchange. My idea is to go through my pin board of *Words* and put a quote on each envelope. Then I went to Pinterest and noticed that Search box at the top, I wondered what would happen if I did a search for *Jean Wilson envelopes*. It surprised me that I had never thought of doing that. It was a lot of fun to see all kinds of artwork and envelopes that I had completely forgotten about. There are some things mixed in that have nothing to do with me. 

This is one of my favorite little drawings done by myself. I do not recall if it came out of my head or if I appropriated it. I'll do a Google image search and see if I find anything. <pause> Nope. There are lots of whimsical drawings with similar lettering but I didn't see anything that was even close.

I think I can find the source of that quote.
I think it was attributed to a mailman in a middle eastern country.


No comments:

Post a Comment