Friday, May 29, 2020

From NancyL to Sam in April


I'm sure Sam was happy to find this in her mailbox. It is from Nancy L who exchanged once or twice quite a while ago and then popped up again when we all went on lockdown. I wonder what stamp she used? I recall someone in the April exchange asking how upset I would be to see flag stamps - and I assured that person that I would not freak out about flag stamps. I appreciated that they were even aware that I have probably been snarky about flag stamps. At least the bright blue would be nice with a flag stamp.

I tried to find an earlier posting of an envelope from NancyL, but there are so many Nancys on the blog, I was not able to spot hers.

BIG THANK YOU to Nancy for sending me images to post. (Written Apr 14)

Now it is May 25
While looking for something else, I found the email thread from the very first time Sam signed up to exchange. It was in a folder labeled Pen Pals.

At first we just went over the details of how the exchange worked - you send 5 and receive 5 - only about half are calligraphers, the rest are drawing, collage, rubber stamping, whatever.

And then she responded:

variety IS the spice of life....
this is so exciting 4 me! u have no idea!! (i'll fill u in on my situation @ some point)... especially since I've done about 70 envelops 4 others thru the years & only have received 2 back (& both were from kids...oh, how i love their creativity!....btw, i was just checking out the forever stamps on USPS website so can work on streamlining things, as i tend 2 gravitate toward using more vintage stamps...& be still my heart! an abstract art dream!...did u c these, coming soon?? these excite me 2 no end..... Ellsworth Kelly Stamp | USPS.com


From the very beginning, I knew how much she was going to love the exchange. We will sure miss her - but her words should remind us how uplifting mail can be. It's wonderful that she found us after sending all those envelopes and not getting anything back.

No comments:

Post a Comment