Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Finn's faux Master's Thesis


I try to refrain from bragging about how I turned Finnbadger into an artist. I'm not sure exactly what he was prior to being an artist, but he assured me that he had never been an artist. Someday, I should submit our story to This American Life. I think Ira would find our story fascinating.

I think Janet will agree that this is one fine dinosaur.
He has paired it down to just the essentials and done just enough anthropomorphizing to resolve the truly unfortunate proportions of the T Rex. 

I don't know if people who get a masters in art do a thesis or not. Finn has had his faux bachelor's degree in fine art for a while. I should probably find out if he traced this or not. If he did, he does not get the master's. But if he did it by eye - then he gets his master's. Sadly, that's as far as you get to go in drawing. I think the only PhD you can get in art is in art history. I could be wrong. I certainly don't have time to research. But if anyone else does -- please share with us.

***
I took time to research and apparently you can get PhDs in fine art - but there is probably a catch.
I might do more research - but it would be nice if someone else just gave us the details.
***

Also, Finn, if you just did this out of your head without looking at anything - please tell me.
It qualifies for the PhD.
Unless you want to be the kind of artist who shuns degree programs.
They have some pretty compelling arguments for why art does not belong on a traditional campus.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for all the nice words! I had fun doing these. I did indeed draw them all by hand. If you were a recipient in the exchange you can check your dinosaur against Jean's , there will be subtle variations (particularly on the legs and tail). The bonus is that you can draw one, too, since this tutorial on youtube was easy to follow: How to draw a T Rex

    ReplyDelete