Monday, December 30, 2019

Wedding planning

This was going to be my Jan 1, 2020 post, but I discovered that I had one random empty post to fill in December.

This was going to announce that I am ditching any plan for orderly posting or organization or logic in 2020.

****
Real time comment.
I already alluded to this grand announcement. Because I write the posts ahead of time and then go back and edit, none of my comments are sequential.
******

If we were to review my 4,000+ posts, we would see that the quest for organization has been going on since the beginning (2010) and very little progress has been made. It is time to let it go. It is time to embrace chaos and disorganization. Not everywhere - just on the blog. It has taken me almost 10 years to figure out that the blog is a perfect place to park my chaos and disorder.

Duh.

This photo is from Style Me Pretty. I like the writing on the envelope liner. I love lined envelopes.

Ten years ago, I was doing a ton of wedding work and pondering the hopes and dreams of a possible wedding for my daughter. I had some layouts for wedding invitations that I had started when she was in grade school. All I cared about was the invitation and paper items for the wedding.

I even spotted the groom-to-be in a photo. She was home for a holiday and showed me some photos from a party with co-workers. I pointed to one guy and said, "He's cute. Is he nice?" She said, rather wistfully, "Yeah, he's really nice. But he's the guy that all the girls are chasing. I'm not even going to try." Those are probably not her exact words - but close enough.

Ten years later, she is happily married (to THAT guy) with a darling 6-yr old daughter. I saw a cake on Pinterest (pictured below). I clicked on it and saw the invitation and immediately emailed her the link and asked if it was too soon to start a pin board for her daughter's wedding. (She wisely ignored me. She's busy with things that matter.)

Keep in mind, this is not a real wedding. Stylists set up fake weddings to promote ideas. If you would like to see the whole fake wedding, here is the link:

https://www.stylemepretty.com/2019/11/12/how-to-get-that-romantic-organic-wedding-look-while-keeping-it-totally-timeless/

Here is a link to the woman who produced the invitation:

http://kellypatrice.com/


Here is the cake.
I agree that it is timeless.
Let's see - If Alex gets married around 30 - that will be in 14 years and I will be 82. Sheila Waters just turned 90 and her penmanship is still in fine shape -- so I'll keep my fingers crossed that Nanna gets to do her invitations.

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
    moissanite jewelry

    ReplyDelete