Tuesday, December 31, 2019

End of Year - Off topic

(written on Sept 11, 2019)
(re-written on Dec 26, 2019)

Originally I wrote:
I have 30 days to fill in 2019. This image popped up on my morning surf. It reminded me of my own thoughts of having a grave marker of my own that looked like an envelope and was stamped *Return to Sender.* But, my family doesn't do graves, we scatter.
(More blah-blah-blah has been edited.)

More from 9-11-19:
Whew. What a year. Maybe 2020 will give us a subliminal message to see things clearly and nudge things in a more constructive direction.

12-26-19:
It strikes me that in early Sept, I was ready for a fresh start. Or maybe I was just writing the way we all feel when it is time to start a new calendar.

Actual life does not pay attention to pieces of paper with 12 pages of numbers.
Real life just flies in and out -chaotically.
While there are bits and pieces of fun (like when the mail arrives), there are also various bits (and boulders) of news from friends, family, and pen pals that are challenging as well as heart breaking.

In spite of the challenges and heart breaks, so many people send me uplifting thank yous for the blog and the exchange. [staring at the computer screen - trying to find words that match my level of gratefulness] All I can come up with is: Thank you for taking time to thank me. Little did I know how much fun I would have making friends through the blog and through the mail. All y'all rock.

****
The rest of this post is from 9-11-19

Here is the link to the article about the charming lady who had her favorite recipe carved into her gravestone. There are no details about Naomi and I couldn't even find her obituary. I made spritz cookies for years. I do not have a press anymore - but if I find one to borrow, I think I might make them one more time.

spritz cookie gravestone

Happy New Year
Thanks to everyone who shares my love of letters - both the alphabet and mail.

1 comment:

  1. And another "Thank You, Jean"....I enjoy getting the email notification and reading them. I fall behind sometimes but always look at each an every one. One of my goals for 2020 is to be more active with your exchange to push me to be creative and write more even if I'm down and not wanting to. It's the deadline and those on the receiving end that create the drive. I saw a saying on a shirt just this week that a goal without a deadline is just a dream.....So true!

    ReplyDelete