Saturday, December 28, 2019

BIG Copic LESLIE

Writing on Oct 9th. Two days left to fill. I am pretty sure I have mentioned - previously - that a good way to compose envelopes would be to write on paper and then crop to your liking.

You can see the first attempt below. I needed to fix that S and the L was wonky.

The S was still too small at the top, so I added those lines and I actually think that bit of texture adds some visual interest.

I do not like how the li combo looks like a t on both of them. But, I have to let this one go. The part of me that is eager to wrap up 2019 and approach 2020 with a few changes is ....... on a roller coaster of --- you can do it ---followed by --- you are delusional. And yet, there are a couple things that I have completely modified in the past couple years. So, I'll remain hopeful that I can implement long lasting change.

I will refrain from calling this a resolution. The only reason I am even launching a change is because I file the envelopes by year.

Leslie mentioned that she liked to see her name BIG on the envelopes. I think she probably prefers lovely traditional calligraphy. I might attempt some of that.

Some day.

Onward.

*****

Real time P.S. Embracing the chaos. I edited out some of the stuff I wrote in October. The only thing I know is that the blog will be there - faithfully - every single day. Until I expire. (or some condition arises and I will have someone in charge of notifying you) It will be daily. It will be fairly short and sweet. It will aspire to inspire. Nuf said.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE that lope! LOVE that lettering! so BOLD! those solar eclipse stamps would be perfect w/this design

    ReplyDelete
  2. or even better, that black ellsworth kelly stamp

    ReplyDelete