Friday, April 12, 2019

Feb to Maggie - MMMMM

The first M was too small so I added the larger one and just did a bunch more. Another one done during a break from actual work. I need a nickname for the envelopes I do when I already know I am too tired to do anything decent, but I need to do something fun to recuperate from actual work. Is there a name for that?
Restorative?

Anyhow - it was Maggie's birthday month and I think I did one or two bonus envelopes for her. Wonder if I remembered to photograph all of them.

This one was lifted from Pinterest and I had a decent pencil guide.
The first problem was the drawing of the hand. It should have been done with the lighter weight pen. Then I completely botched her name and knew that I could not put Julian Waters stamps on an envelope with those M's -- and so I just took a picture and knew that these two would go inside something else. The something else didn't go quite as I had hoped - but that's my perpetual experience -- hits and misses. To be balanced - you might as well be happy when half the things you try work out. To expect more than half of your life to be all peachy is unrealistic.

Am I off my rocker?
That's a trick question. What you are supposed to say is -- how can you quantify whether things are *good* or *bad*? You can't. Therefore, it is pointless to even evaluate whether things are good or bad.

OK, that's even more ridiculous.
No it isn't.
It's sound logic and I know for a fact that I earned an A in logic at a real university. It was the easiest course I ever took. I still remember how everyone glared at me when I filled out the final exam - looked around and saw that I was the first one finished - so, I went over it a second time and fixed my penmanship. Still - nobody else was done. So, I took it up to the professor. He scanned down the sheet. Looked up at me and nodded his head. I felt a room full of daggers plunging into my back as I walked out of the room. But, they all had the last laugh because they probably ended up with careers. Sadly, there are no jobs for logicians.


No comments:

Post a Comment