Sunday, April 7, 2019

Bonus Post - Calling All Illustrators

Today's regular post follows this post.

One of the exchangers asked me if there might be other blog readers who would like to exchange illustrated envelopes. I Googled *illustrated envelopes* and there are a ton of wonderful examples.

I did a search on my blog for *illustration* and did not find many. I did a search for *drawing* and found a few. The two examples of my work are not the best examples - but they give a general idea of an envelope where the illustration is the focal point of the envelope.

If anyone loves illustrating envelopes and would like to exchange on a one-to-one basis, please send me your email. Send it to me at jmwilson411 [at] yahoo [dot] com

I will  compile a list and then you may contact each other to set up exchanges and time lines. I will not be putting together groups - you are strictly on your own --

Also -- if any of you already know of some illustrated envelope blogs or exchanges, please let me know and I will add that info to the list.

Here is a link to an article about a guy who did a lot of illustrated envelopes. One of his is pictured below. I found this on Pinterest which is another good place to find illustrated envelopes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6519867/Hundreds-illustrated-envelopes-sent-father-Second-World-War.html



Below is another example of my own quick and easy illustration.


No comments:

Post a Comment