Monday, May 27, 2013

annie w.c. pencil

here is one i started for annie using watercolor pencils instead of g-tec. i think i need to switch to g-tec. also, the nnie went uphill and really bothered me, so i put in some level lines and have to figure out how to make the letters level. i started this a while ago, but now i need to finish it and send it to annie so she can see why the really good envelopes make such a huge difference.

here is a good talk on embracing the *problems*
which is what i will need to do here.

http://www.ted.com/talks/phil_hansen_embrace_the_shake.html

5 comments:

  1. I listened to Ted, and it will be interesting to see how this envelope plays out for you. But. I question my ability to figure out the huge difference between a really good envelope and a cheap one that contains your impressive artistic abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you have to see the originals. it's like looking at two dresses in a catalog. a cheap polyester might look just as nice as that designer silk....until you felt them and saw the construction and how it fit and draped. the difference will not show up on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to Ted too and passed "him" along to others I know. I loved it! Fear not for me, Jean. I DO know a good envelope from cheap. lol Just the "feel" itself is different, even before you start putting neat stuff on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To clarify, I obviously know there is a difference in material and feel and texture and so on between a fine envelope and a cheap one. It's the art itself I am referring to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think the medium *sits on* the nicer paper and with cheap paper, it seems to soak in and the colors are less vibrant. there is something about the way it looks - in person - that seems different. that difference is lost when it is scanned or photographed. having said that...i have some examples on cheap paper where the paper does not bother me that much.

    ReplyDelete