Saturday, May 11, 2013

teal wedding

THIS JUST IN - JOHN NEAL has G-Tecs on sale - see below)

 i helped design this invitation and did all the addressing for my son-in-law's sister. the top photo is a little blurry, the rectangle in the upper corner is teal. it was letterpressed. the response card had a blind embossed chevron pattern that also appeared on the envelope liner. i thought the parents of the bride would enjoy a variety of envelopes on the response cards, so i hand addressed them and tried to come up with 125 different ways to address them. but, i ran out of time and did some repeats. they did tell me that their letter carrier mentioned that he/she had really enjoyed delivering all the pretty envelopes.

stacey of PinkFineStationery did the actual design. the bride and i just offered copious suggestions.

 we weren't wild about the stamps, but they were ok. the bottom photo shows the blind emboss a little better. i love blind embossing.

yes, i lined the envelopes by hand

here is the link (hopefully) to the G-Tec page on John Neal's website
http://www.johnnealbooks.com/prod_detail_list/263

5 comments:

  1. I am so envious of those gorgeously addressed response cards. I couldn't do that in a million years! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. technically, you could do that kind of addressing. anyone who decides to put in the hours, will get there. it is not difficult...it just takes time. i once performed an experiment where i took my master-seamstress sister-in-law and tried to teach her the penmanship that my students were not *getting.* and she was fantastic at it...because she has all kinds of skill at precision...and so do you...so, if you want me to turn you into a calligrapher, i already know that i can...but, you would have to decide that you had the number of hours that is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I'm not sure my hands (at my age) could take it. Often, they cramp up now when in a position too long. I have already given up English smocking, knitting and crocheting. When I go from drawing to sewing and back again, I seem to do okay.......(at least for now.) Thanks for the offer though, I really appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO beautiful! I just love watching your work. I wish I had put more hours into it years ago and now I wish I'd kept all my supplies! Now it's all just for fun and with markers rather than pen and ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. carol is right... there is an age cut-off for calligraphy. i have no idea how old you are, but if you have had to give up the activities you mentioned, then spending a lot of hours writing is not a good idea. and as you say, it is better to rotate through the ones you enjoy.
    thank you for the flower-ific envelope that arrived today. it will be showing up on the blog soon :-)

    ReplyDelete