Sunday, December 16, 2018

Bonus Post - Chuck's 2018 Christmas Art

Today's regular post is below.

To the right is the card that was in Chuck's December exchange envelope. I will save all the Dec envelopes and post them in Nov of 2019. A couple days ago Chuck sent me a scan of a second version of this art that is so pretty, I thought I would share both while we are in the middle of all the Rainbow mail.

They are both lovely. Chuck posts a new drawing every day on his IG account. I wonder if Chuck keeps track of how many hours a day he draws. If he does, I wonder if he will share that info with us. Just curious.

I had a conversation with the BigHelpfulBrother about a piece of art where he wondered if the artist had chosen to use something already printed - and collaged it onto his work rather than going through all the time it would have taken to draw an intricate pattern of branches and leaves. To him - it seemed tedious to have to draw a gazillion leaves. To me, it looked like a treat to get to draw a gazillion leaves. I guess we all find those things that we love doing obsessively.



2 comments:

  1. What is Chuck's insta handle, I'd love to go check him out..?

    ReplyDelete