Saturday, December 22, 2018

Black outline - P.S. to the post right below

Curiosity caught me because there was a random envelope on the desk and it was easier to just write on it rather than put it away. So, I tried the black outline and I actually like it. The black stars happened because there was a stray green smudge that needed to be disguised. They bother me - but I might revisit the three color names with black out lines. Notice - there is nothing special about the lettering. You do not have to study calligraphy to write like that.

Shout out to Finnbadger - he did some very nice lettering on his Dec exchange envelope. And as I recall - he did not arrive at the blog and exchanges through a long path of artistic pursuits.

The next post was today's regular post. I just didn't feel like adding to that post.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out - the stamp is the real star of the show on my December envelopes, but I thought a little bit of your wrought iron writing might be a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your recollection is correct - I was looking for hand made envelope links :)

      Delete