Tuesday, October 23, 2018

From Smash and Chuck

The spider sticker is fuzzy. The stripes are washi tape. The lettering must have been done with a scroll tip pen. I think the Pilot Parallel pens are available in scroll tips. As previously mentioned, I do not allow myself to be tempted by more parallel pens because they would be too much of a distraction. I do have one and the ink gives me fits.

Below is Chuck's envelope. He does all his stripes with an actual pen. Sometimes they are the oldie-but-goodie mechanical pens - Rapidiograph was one of the brand names.Very mesmerizing to make lots of little lines.

2 comments:

  1. The Pilot Parallel Pen ink is awful. During Reggie Ezell's 26 Seeds class, he mentioned he uses Moon Palace sumi ink in when he works with the parallel pen. I fill one of the barrels with Moon Palace and switch nibs. Oooh, now I want that scroll nib.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know it's not just me. I know a lot of people fill them with walnut ink. Plus, they assure me that they just fill the whole barrel - not a cartridge. That is something that I have not tried.

      Delete