Monday, October 8, 2018

Bonus Post - @#$%^&*

It's Sunday morning, 10:48 am (10-7-18) and hopefully indulging myself in a rant that will ease my current mood. Yup, that's spilled ink.

A few of you are rolling your eyes and thinking, "What a self-absorbed ninny she is to be fussing over that little spill." Technically I agree, but there's more to the story.

First, that photo does not begin to tell the story of how difficult it is to clean up sumi ink. I had poured some ink into the cap and then forgot to pour it back into the bottle when I put the cap back on. And I did not even notice it until it had soaked through some stuff.

And it wasn't like the ink spill was the only thing that has gone wrong for the past - oh, I don't even know which time frame to look at. I'll just confine it to the past three weeks and to just the work related things that are going on. Every.Single.Job.Has.Had.A.Glitch.

Maybe someday I will list all the little things behind the scenes. But, we'll just stick with the spilled ink. And we will add, I have spent 4 days LOSING MY MIND because I could not find my big box of basic black pens that I use ALL THE TIME. This would be like losing my desk. It's always right there in front of me. And I needed some of them for a job. So, I had to order some more.

So, as you can see, the cutting board was a mess and I don't know if I could have scrubbed it off. It's so old that the surface is not smooth anymore and knowing I had a spare, I figured it was just easier to get the spare out. And, YIPPEE, there was the box of pens that had been tormenting me. I never would have looked there. So, the ink spill was a convoluted gift.

On top of that - to get the free shipping from Jetpens.com, I ordered a few other things. Nothing wildly exciting, but I will be alerting you to a new pen that is pretty nifty.

And while we are talking about the yin-yang of bad stuff/good stuff, I have two more. A few weeks ago, I asked Mr. Wilson to put one more box in the stack of boxes that are on a shelf in the garage. He said, "Are you sure we aren't overloading that shelf?"

"No. It'll be fine." I replied. Well, you know where this story is going -  the shelf fell. But the silver lining was that my car was not parked in the garage at the time. It's almost always there. But it had been on a 3 month vacation staying with my son who was having a heck of a time finding a new car and Mr. Wilson kept trying to convince him to just keep my car so we could get a new car and Oh.My.Gosh. There will be an entire chapter in my tell-all book about the agony of making decisions (when other people are involved) and then another chapter on the agony of all of us maintaining our cars. And while the son had expressed several times that he felt bad about keeping my car for so long - I assured him that it was mean to be. He actually found a new car that very day.

The furnace repairman was standing in the garage when the shelf fell. It startled him - and he probably expected me to be upset. Instead, I just grabbed the dumpster and said. I've been meaning to get rid of all this crap anyhow. Sorry to be using that word -  it's the only word that describes stuff that should not be saved. I'd use flotsam, jetsam, lagan, and derelict - but most people aren't up on their nautical terms. Not to mention that the damage to the car had it been in the garage could have been extensive enough to total it - since it is rather old. Aren't we all.

So, the other silver lining incident is a little troubling. The Swedish Death Cleaning keeps happening, but I have terrible lapses. Recently, I kept an orphan glove because it was my favorite glove and I was upset with myself for not having the backbone to pitch it....and the day after the garbage was picked up (which means I could not have rescued it from the garbage), Mr. Wilson walks in with the lost glove and says, "Do you know what this is?"

Obviously, I was thrilled to have it back. But, it reinforced the bad side of keeping too much useless stuff. Heaven knows, I have had a ton of regret over some of the stuff that I have pitched - because two days after I pitch it - I need it. So, I'm in a bit of a quandry.

The only silver lining to all these idiotic issues is that there is no space left in my head for actual things that might really get me going.

What kind of person takes pictures of ink spills? This is not my only ink spill story.

ink spill story

What kind of a person glues leaves to their kitchen wall? The kind who is Swedish Death Cleaning - and finds pressed leaves and wonders how they would look on the wall.

They will not be staying.


Scroll down to today's regularly scheduled envelope.

Oh - I just remembered - I took a picture of the shelf incident to text to Mr. Wilson to let him know he's been right about at least one thing this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment