Saturday, October 13, 2018

BOUS POST - Post Office Woes - to Rainbow from Rachel

Rachel D was so generous about sending this because it is a replacement for her first one that never arrived. It came to our attention that other exchange envelopes that she sent had not arrived and then a few days later, Thomas (also from Texas) found out that some of his envelopes had disappeared. So, we do not know if it is a problem with Texas - or what.

I also had an email from someone (not an exchanger) who was perplexed by an envelope that was delivered back to her the day after she mailed it. She sent a photo of both the front and the back and -to me- it was obvious that the scanner read her large, clear return address on the back - which was positioned in the area that is  typical for the addressee. And the front - had some creative placement and curvy lines.

So - heads up - we might all want to ease up on the PO and put the addressee's address very clear and in a very conventional spot.

Also - be sure to put your return address - tiny - at the very top of the back and position it so that the scanner does not pick it up.

Today's pre-scheduled post is right below. It is way too similar to the Friday post - so I was happy to have another Rainbow envelope show up - that could be posted promptly. I know some of you would have preferred to see all the Rainbows right away -- I was so tempted to bump them all to the front of the line. But, I do think that the way I mix things up - my stuff - your stuff- other stuff - is what makes the blog an appropriate amount of unpredictability every day.

If the entire day is full of unpredicted things, it can be very stressful. But the upside of that is that it gives me fodder for my ranting#$%^#$%^ posts which are actually amusing. But - if those were daily - I'm sure they would cease to be amusing.


2 comments:

  1. Awe! I love it. Thank you for your kind words, and I am going to have a chat with my mail lady. I hope you received this months as I mailed it at the beginning of last week. Please keep me posted, and I took pictures this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the original one arrived--- it will be in a bonus post in a couple days...not sure exactly which day --- i'll let you know when the Oct exchange envelope arrives - thanks

      Delete