Thursday, September 6, 2018

May PTEX from Thomas (string art?)

This one received a *WOW* from my husband who doesn't usually have much to say about the mail.

That swoop through the middle looks like the technique where you dip a string into ink or paint, place it on the paper, put something on top and then pull the string. Maybe Thomas will let us know if that's how he did it. If so - I am going to remember to try it with my grandkids next time I see them. I had completely forgotten about the technique.

I am also intrigued with the style of lettering - it is a cool hybrid of Spencerian and copperplate....

3 comments:

  1. Hello Jean and Pushing Envelopes followers!
    You nailed it, Jean! That is string art I was experimenting with. I wasn't sure what to do with it and thought....envelopes?!...why not!? And the best part is one "pull" gets you 2 envelopes. I must say I had a lot of fun lettering this one with all the free flowing flourishes as well not knowing how it was going to turn out.
    PS. I've been secretly, eagerly, and patiently waiting and wondering IF and when this would hit the blog. I'm honored to get a "Wow" from your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment - it would be more fun if the envelopes were posted closer to the time they arrive --- but, I'm thinking I need to stick with my current system. I just finished November and have a few spots in December to fill. Most of the Sept envelopes will pop up in January - and I have not posted July or August -- so I guess they will be in Feb and March....

      Delete
    2. i will say triple WOW this is a great envelope

      Delete